POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stone building, planning : Re: Stone building, planning Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stone building, planning
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Jan 2014 03:19:12
Message: <52e76800$1@news.povray.org>
On 27-1-2014 4:21, StephenS wrote:
> Musings of a stone mason.
>
> Stephen the elder has gone into town to learn more of these rumours of Round
> Tuits.

To some degree, I have learned that a lash and a whip ensure the same
results, but only to a point of course.

> It has further been suggested that a portable one has been made, one capable
> of being used on the job site.
> Such an evil device can only come from the mind of a fermented grain
> drinker.
> Fortunatly our patron is of the correct mind, fermented grape, and such
> heresy has been banded from this work site.
> Generations of masons could be impoverish, if great stone buildings could be
> built in tens of years instead of the more sensible hundreds of years.

I fully agree with this wisdom.

> Oh.. work will also go better when we can find some horses.

Hmm. Horses are expensive. We use donkeys as they do more for less. And
little boys of course.

> Comments welcome:

Well, the start for the first decade is there. How about the foundations
of the walls? Only pillars are visible now. And maybe increase the
number of workers otherwise this is going to take forever.

Thomas